“Educating and Rehabilitating Special Children in the Himalayas”
Sahyog is a grassroots movement that strives to ensure that people with disabilities can lead independent lives with dignity. Since its humble establishment in the foothills of the Himalayas in 1997, we have worked tirelessly to sustain and enrich the lives of thousands of mentally challenged and speech and hearing-impaired children from some of India's poorest communities. This success was a direct result of the commitment of our educators, speech therapists, clinical psychologists, the support of local and international communities, and above all, contributions from individuals like you. In 2009, Sahyog International Foundation was established to mobilize Indian-Americans and the international community at large to support our special schools, programs, and initiatives.
- Supports education, training, rehabilitation, placement, and parent counselling programs for disabled children
- Sponsors sports and cultural activities for the disabled
- Strengthens public awareness about the needs, capabilities, and the rights of the disabled
- Leads efforts in evolving the capacities of those with disabilities
- Promotes the principles and guidelines adopted by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006)